Annual Filing Deadline: April 30th

The Underused Housing Tax ("UHT") is a federal tax on the value of certain Canadian residential properties.

The following are not affected by this new filing:

  • Canadian permanent resident individuals, or most Canadian citizens
  • If you own residential property through certain trusts
  • Canadian public corporations
  • Canadian registered charities
  • Co-Operative housing corporations
  • Indigenous governing body


If you own Canadian residential property through your Canadian private corporation, you must file an a UHT return annually, using Form UHT-2900You may not owe any tax, but a return must be filed annually.

Others who are required to file annually include individual members of partnerships, most trustees, non-residents of Canada.  For more information on this tax requirement, including persons who are affected by the requirements, can be found here.

You are encouraged to review the requirements of this filing.  If you require our assistance please let us know as soon as possible. We will require all information provided to us at the outset.



Are you ready for CRA's Underused Housing Tax Filing?

What is the Federal Underused Housing Tax?

Contact us for more detailed information on this program or assistance with your annual filing

Website Created & Hosted with Doteasy Web Hosting Canada